Monday, October 17, 2016

Baby Registry Picks and The App You Didn't Know You Needed!



Well, now that baby news has officially made it to my blogosphere, I figured that it would be a good time to share some of my favorite Baby Registry finds! I'll admit that as soon as that little stick read "Pregnant", I was ready to start registering. I did refrain and ended up waiting until we knew if we were having a boy or a girl to help streamline things but I can't say that the process was simple. There are so. many. baby things! 

Oh, and let's be honest, becoming a new mom is daunting and everyone has their opinion.... everyone. 


I've legit been stopped in Nordstrom's and a woman told me I didn't need a wipe warmer. Ok, cool... but can I proceed with purchasing these Kate Spade earrings? Some tips have been helpful but most of it comes off as really patronizing and when your filled with hormones, it's really not what you want to hear. 

My husband and I did hit up the usual registry suspects (Buy Buy Baby, Babies R Us, Pottery Barn Kids and Target) which was fun but again, insanely overwhelming. All I wanted to do was have someone else scan all the stuff I actually needed while I sat in a corner and ate FroYo. 



All joking aside, the process has been really eye opening and thanks to my Mr., LOTS of research went into the items that ended up on our registry. That being said, we ended up finding lots of things that we new we wanted but weren't sold in the usual registry stores. That's when I found BabyList. BabyList is an app (and website) that lets you put pretty much anything (yes... anything) on your baby registry. You can pull from boutique stores, Etsy pages, department stores or even register for some home cooked meals or spa treatments, because let's get real, Mama's gonna need a little pampering before and after baby arrives. 



BabyList is a great resource not only for registering but there are tons of articles under the "Hello Baby" that cover everything from baby gear, bringing home baby, and my faves, the "Best Lists" that cover pretty much everything! 
Lists such as Best Disposable Diapers, Best Baby Carriers of 2016, and Best Strollers of 2016, were all crucial in helping us pick our registry items! 

As I mentioned, aside from the awesome lists and resources the biggest perk of BabyList is that you can pull items from virtually anywhere! Here's a list of some of my favorite registry items to show you what I mean. 

We (ok, my husband) did a ton of research on strollers and we landed on the Nuna Mixx after trying out what felt like hundreds at different stores. For me, it was all about being able to close it easy. The "one hand folds" of other strollers were useless on me because I'm so short and some others felt like I was working on a Rubik's cube. I loved the ease of the Mixx and how I could roll it like a suitcase when it's closed if I wanted. Oh, and it also looks pretty badass too. 
Nordstrom was having their anniversary sale and launched an exclusive offer on the Nuna Mixx for a steep discount and it came with a bassinet attachment, which had never been sold before. We loved it! Only issue, Nordstrom doesn't have a registry option. Luckily, with just one click of a button on my browser (you can save the BabyList button to your web browser and pin from any page!) it was added to my registry! 

*the Anniversary sale price has since been removed but the product is still available. 




I had originally seen these super cute swaddle sets from Milkmaid Goods on Instagram. I mean, how adorable is that photo? After checking out their website a bit more, I started to see the nursing covers that they had too. I had always dreaded the ugly smock-like nursing covers that I had seen in the past but these poncho-esque covers seem like they would make everything a breeze. Oh and multi-use? Yes, please! Needless to say a few styles ended up on my registry. 


3. Ju-Ju-Be BFF Convertible Diaper Bag
Hi, my name is Kasey and I'm a bagaholic. I think it's hereditary actually, my mom has a ridiculous amount of handbags and tote bags and beach bags so I surely followed suit. When it came to a baby bag I instantly thought, "Oh, Kate Spade diaper bag, DONE!" but the more I started looking around, the more I realized I needed to put my #adulting hat on and find something practical.
That's when I found the Ju-Ju-Be brand. They had the find prints of Kate but the practicality of a North Face backpack so it was a no brainer that this piece would be added to my registry.

Here's the catch (and where BabyList saves the day). There are a TON of retailers that sell these bags and each of them can tweak the price a little bit. By adding this item to my BabyList registry, it automatically generated a list of retailers that sell the bag and the price so my shower guests could instantly see where they could score the best deal. #winning!


4. Anything on Etsy



I'm a huge fan of Etsy, I've been using it ever since it was in beta. I think that a place where artisans and crafters can share their goods with the masses is fabulous! This is where BabyList really shines because it lets you add any item to your registry without having to set up a designated registry through Etsy.

As some of you know, I'm a BIG fan of Lilly Pulitzer... like really big, so it was no surprise when I wanted to make sure that I had lots of matching "Mommy & Minnie" sets with my older prints, Etsy was the place to go. Lots of the sellers on Etsy have access to authentic LP fabric and make beautiful pieces that you can't find in LP stores, so it's not like they are knocking-off the OG.
I found Southern Stitch Company to have the cutest pieces for my little one to match some of my favorite Lilly items currently hanging in my closet. The owner of the shop was a delight to work which always seals the deal for me! Above is a look at the fun set she put together for my registry!



5. All your other registries in one place!

via GIPHY

So by now you might be thinking, "Well, what about diapers and the other basics that I want to register for?" BabyList has you covered there too! You can add your other store registries to your BabyList site so your gift-givers only have to go to one place! We added our Target, Babies R' Us, and Pottery Barn Kids registry to BabyList and guests had no problem navigating... even those over 60 ;-)


I can't wait to share photos with you all of our little lady using all the great things we've received off our registry! Stay tuned for lots more coming your way while I try to navigate this whole pregnancy and new-mom thing!



FCC Disclaimer: This post was created in part with partnerships from the vendors listed above. All opinions are my own. 
SaveSave
SaveSave
SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Leave a comment!